It is possible to increase the effectiveness of its immune system to better fight against infections and diseases. Here are some chiropractic tips that are easy to integrate into your daily life.
Adapt your diet
- Promote an anti-inflammatory diet, so optimize the intake of zinc, magnesium, vitamins B3 and B6 and antioxidants.
- Increase your water consumption to 3 liters per day. This water should preferably be untreated spring water (no osmosis or demineralization) if you do not have an activated charcoal filter on the water inlet of your home.
- Decrease your sugar consumption. Avoid sweets, regular smooth liquor or diet, potatoes, pasta, whole wheat or whitened bread.
- Use a soap with a neutral pH. A basic soap decreases the acidity of the skin and decreases the outer barrier that your body has against external agents.
- Avoid dairy products because they inhibit the movements of the eyelashes in the lungs, preventing the evacuation of phlegm/toxins.
- Promote the consumption of foods that have a beneficial effect on the immune system including.
Substances with anti-bacterial action
- Allicin: garlic.
- Lactobacilli: yogurt.
- Eugenol: clove.
- Anthocianates: red wine, red grapes.
- Glutathione: asparagus, broccoli, avocado (caution, avocado is a potential allergen).
- Protease inhibitor: dry beans, corn, nuts.
- Quercetin: yellow and red onion, red grapes.
Adapt your environment
- Decrease any source of possible pollutants in your environment including tobacco; household products; smog and animals.
- Avoid the allergens most likely to cause an immune response:
Food: umbellifer (parsley, carrot), egg, crustacean, canned fish, milk, wheat, canned legume, banana, avocado, kiwi, mussel, potato, sunflower, beef, peanut, mango.
Environmental: mites, animal hair, mold, lavender, pollen.
- Promote avoidance behaviors for allergens:
Food: do not consume foods at risk.
Pollen: check the pollen calendars. Plan the holidays on the right dates and in the right places (the wind of the sea carries little pollen, and therefore helps to reduce allergies). Keep the doors and windows of the house closed during the hours when the air exposure is the worst, between 5:00 and 10:00 am. Avoid drying clothes outdoors when pollen is heavily in the air.
Mites: Use a damp cloth rather than vacuuming or broom. Avoid pillows, feather duvets and doggies. Wash bedding and curtains weekly with hot water to eliminate mites (54-60 ° C). Obviously, hot water spoils textiles. You can then try a recipe that eliminates mites at 30 ° C, according to a study conducted in Australia:
- Mix 6 tablespoons of Eucalyptus oil with 3 tablespoons of dish soap.
- Fill the tank and soak for 30 minutes.
- Add laundry detergent and continue as normal.
Animals: avoid contact with them as much as possible, rub them at least once a day with a damp towel.Next Post